Friday 1 March 2013



It's called a straightening iron for a reason!

My mother's always telling me that I can't leave the house without brushing my hair or ironing my clothes. Usually I ignore her, but now that I'm living on my own and attempting to shade in the outline of the adult that I apparently am, I find myself taking note of her advice more and more often. So, I decided to iron my extremely wrinkled shorts this morning. I thought we had an iron lying around somewhere, but I couldn't find it and my flatmate was out. Fear not, for successful adulthood may just be near - I changed my outfit! Unfortunately this outfit had a collar that needed ironing too, so I used what my momma gave me and came up with a savvy solution. I used my hair straightener. And it worked. As you can tell I was rather pleased by this, unlike my mother. The conversation went like this: 

Mum: [Gasps dramatically, like Elizabethan heroine who has just had her honour questioned] "Did you burn it?"
Me: [Smugly] "No."
Mum: "You should just buy an iron. But, do you have an ironing board?"
Me: "No, I can just use my bed."
Mum: "No! You're going to burn all your clothes!"

At this point I started laughing. But, I wasn't laughing at the thought of myself in slightly singed shorts. It's hilarious that my mother thinks I'm going to iron all my clothes. 

3 comments:

  1. How very legally blonde of you ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tell your mum you're doing fine as a blogger and blogging is hotter than any iron.

    ReplyDelete