Wednesday 22 May 2013

I hate winter and I hate wearing shoes. I do like whining, though. Unfortunately, I usually have to choose between bare feet and staying warm. At this time of the year, particularly in occasionally Arctic Grahamstown, I pick staying warm (and by warm I mean alive). So, I decided to buy some slippers.

If I was going to wear shoes all the time, even inside, they were going to have to be a rather kick-ass pair of pantoffels (that's Afrikaans for slippers - isn't it just one of the greatest words of all time).

When I saw these, I had to get them:

These are the only pigs I'll put on my feet.

While I was paying for them at the counter, the lady next to me asked if they were kids' or adults' slippers. Did she not see me paying for them myself...with money that I got out of my own wallet, which had a driver's licence with my face on it? Of course they were adult slippers!

If "grown-up" slippers are not permitted to be farmyard/superhero/Spongebob themed, then I refuse to grow up. Ptsh, don't tell me what to wear people...my shoes are not an accurate gauge of my maturity and general incompetence at adult life.

2 comments:

  1. You didn't tell me who to vote for, what is the point of this blog and why should I trust it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't like it when people tell me to wear shoes - why would I tell you who to vote for? Also, when I saw the e-mail I thought actual Anonymous e-mailed me and I was really excited, but then I saw that it was just you. Thanks Jason.

    ReplyDelete