Tuesday 14 May 2013

I have a new life plan. Let's see how long this one lasts (the last one was concocted less than 24 hours ago). Generally, these plans are just variations on each other - less "I want to be a ballerina" versus"Marine biology is my calling", and more should I do a fourth-year of journalism studies, or an honours degree in politics?

For some reason I've had a very uncertain week. It might be because my brother's starting to apply to universities and the conversations I've had with him make me doubt my present and future. Or, perhaps it's because I'm getting to the end of my university degree, and this just happens to everyone. The only thing that I can be certain about is that I expected adulthood to deliver on the assurance front. 

Aren't age and certainty directly proportional (look at me getting me high school science out for you guys)? I genuinely thought that the older I got, the more certain I'd be about life. It seems that I've gotten it the wrong way around. Either adulthood leads to uncertainty, or I'm doing this adult thing wrong (it could be either - someone let me know please). 

I feel as if the only person who understands this problem is Hannah Horvath. This is problematic because she's a fictional character...or maybe it's ok on account of Lena Dunham's exceptional writing (I've been watching a lot of series this week due to the ridiculous amount of work that I have). Actually, Descartes probably relates to being flooded with doubt (yeah, that's how unclear I feel). 

As a writer, I know that this post needs a conclusion, but I'm not quite sure how to end it (see what I did there), so here's a video that a fellow Writing and Editing student suggested that's relevant to my general lack of confidence this week:


P.S. This post was written straight after I showered, still wrapped in a towel, because we all know what happens in showers...clear and distinct perceptions!

2 comments:

  1. Showers: the time when we need blogs and twitter the most because that's where we get the most inspiration. Here's to hoping that Everything sorts itself out soon!

    ReplyDelete