Wednesday 10 April 2013

I had a brief respite from my attempts at adulthood for the past two weeks as I was home for the holidays. For me, this means no laundry, no cooking and a general regression to a slothful teenage existence. Unfortunately, I'm back in the land of responsibilities and apparent Arctic weather (i.e. Grahamstown). I decided to make myself pizza for supper last night (yeah, I cook sometimes - hello thriving adult). 

So, I went off to the supermarket to buy my pizza-making ingredients. When I got back home and started unpacking I realised that I'd bought all of the toppings for my pizza, but had forgotten to buy the actual pizza. Maybe successful adulthood isn't as close as I thought and I'll have to put the last line of the previous paragraph down to youthful optimism (apparently optimism decreases with youth). Of course, I had to go back and buy pizza bases. 

As my youthful optimism decrees, I shall focus on the positives of this experience. I didn't burn anything and I did remember to buy the toppings at least. And, all of this resulted in an edible pizza!

It's not that attractive and it wasn't downright delectable, but it wasn't completely unpalatable and that's quite an achievement for me.

I'm as surprised as my mother that I made an edible dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment